Detox programs has been getting popularity nowadays in helping someone to lose weight. It is actually a great practice to have it once in a year for better health and well being. The term detox has become a common term nowadays from the word detoxification. It is our body’s process of eliminating accumulated toxins we got from unhealthy diet and lifestyle. Environmental pollution, food allergens and chemicals contribute to health challenges such as overweight, hypertension, diabetes and other health conditions.
The following are good components of any detox programs:
• Your mind and body should be prepared before starting any detoxification regimen. It shouldn’t be done just because you want your partner to be happy since he/she’s been insisting that you should undergo a detox program soon. A positive attitude creates a better success in any Medical Detox regimens. I’ve seen this many times in my practice.
• A diet of natural, fresh whole foods. It is a good practice to stay away from foods with additives and artificial flavors while on the program. Foods rich in enzymes such as fresh fruits and vegetables contribute to increasing one’s vitality at the same the fiber components of these foods also helps in the cleansing process.
• An exercise program. This helps to improve better lymphatic circulation at the same brings you to a relaxation phase in any detox programs. It shouldn’t be a strenuous exercise that could bring about an oxidation process such as extreme fatigue. Remember that your body is doing a detox process in many ways and it is important to have an extra energy for such process
• More information. Providing yourself with added information about what’s healthy and what’s not and understand further the detoxification process will help to increase motivation as you undergo any detox programs. Attend a health discussion/lecture with a health/medical professional who also understands and knowledgeable about detox programs or you could provide yourself with health books that you could read while in a program.
• Rest and sleep. It is important to find time to rest and have good sleep while you’re in a detox. If you have sleeping problem, there are natural remedies available and this should be discussed with your health/medical practitioner. Sleep deprivation leads to rest deprivation which eventually leads to fatigue and is very likely to make any detox programs less effective.
• Have a massage. Not necessarily everyday but at least one every two or three days. This will help to improve better circulation at the same time gives you a relaxation phase while undergoing any detox programs.
• Have a physical cleansing regimen such as dry skin brushing, a body scrub, a bath therapy, or taking some cleansing drinks. Some would go for an enema, however it is advisable to do it under the approval and supervision of a medical professional.
• Natural supplements should also be added while doing any detox programs. This ensures that you also provide yourself with more nourishment.